Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Growing up

My lil Emma is growing way too fast for me. I can't believe she started 2nd Grade this year. Emma is such a great student and she loves school and seeing her friends. I was quite proud of myself that for the first time I did not cry when I dropped her off on the first day. And the other day we were walking home from school and Emma ditched me when she spotted Luke her dancing partner from last year and she ran ahead to walk with him. At least she still lets me hug and kiss her goodbye when I drop her off.
Emma loves dance, especially Ballet. She took it for a year back in Texas when she was four and we have been on a waiting list since we moved here a year ago and Emma was so excited when the wait was finally over. When Emma walks it is on her toes, something she has done since she could walk and something she inherited from Aaron. She is also naturally graceful, I think she will love Ballet this year being older. Hopefully next year I can talk her into trying Jazz too. She was too afraid this year because her friend told her you do the splits in Jazz. I can't wait for her recital in the Spring!


My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

2nd grade already?! Wow, she grew up so fast. I Love that she's a ballerina--she looks like a natural!