Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aaron's Drum Solo

Give it up for my hubby Aaron winning 2nd place and $500 two years running at the Parker College of Chiropractic Talent Show! I am so proud of him! He worked so hard at this solo and practiced everyday. Last year he just did a drum solo, but he had a lot of friends ask him if he would play to music this year so he chose Grim Goodbye by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Twirling his stick, the crowd loves that.
I bought Aaron firestix which light up blue when he hits the drums. Halfway through the solo they dimmed the lights and he pulled out his light up drum sticks. It was awesome!!
They use a meter that judges how loud the crowd cheers for you to determine who wins. I kept telling Emma and Chloe to be really quiet for all the other contestants and scream as loud as they could when it was Daddy's turn. I could hear Emma's little voice "yelling" Go Daddy! I asked her if she yelled as loud as she could and she said, "Yes but I couldn't hear myself yelling!" It was so loud. He had all his friends and classmates come support him and that meant so much to him. After the talent show Aaron had to go back to class and he was late because he had to put the drums back into the van. He said that when he walked into his class the teacher stopped class and everyone was clapping and cheering for him. He is so happy and thankful to have such a great group of peers.
I love this picture, everyone is clapping for eachother. The group on the right was called Radial Head and they won 1st, Aaron 2nd and the Latin group on the left took 3rd place, but if you think about it Aaron won more money because they have to split the winnings amongst themselves and Aaron gets to keep it all hahahaha
Aaron and his girls
I'm so proud of you Baby! You're the Best Drummer I know, I love you!

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

WOOO! $500??! That is AWESOME! I remember Aaron having to keep the whole drum thing quiet when you were living in Kensington. Glad to see he still has the chops to play.