Friday, September 4, 2009

All Aboard!

For our first day out we took my parents on the 1920 Vintage Grapevine Railroad Train to the Fort Worth Stockyards. I have never been on a train before, we had so much fun!


Half way to the Stockyards the train got held up by cowboys. Then the Sheriff came on board and handed out Deputy badges to the kids to help catch the cowboys. The girls loved it!

Chloe kept telling Papa Steve to be quiet so we wouldn't wake up the snakes.....who knows where she got that idea, lol!
Once we got to the stockyards there was a bunch of cowboy shops and places to eat, it was a really cool place.

They also had a cattle drive of the Longhorns, they all looked so sad, I felt bad for them.

Grandma Ruthie and Papa Steve spoiled the girls and bought them these purple ponies that they just had to have. It was such a great day, the girls just couldn't get enough of Papa and Grandma.



My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

3 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

What a fantastic day! I am so glad your parents are able to come and visit! You have the cutest girls!!!

Rhiannon said...

How fun! Thats cool your parents were able to visit. We got the changing table at Ikea. My father in-law just put it up for us & added some things to make it more stable. I'm excited to have it. Normal changing tables are very impractical. I have no idea why they make them the way they do.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a great time with Mom and Dad. I love the picture of Dad in the cowboy cutout... LOL!