Monday, August 24, 2009

Emma's First Day of School

My baby started school today. We have been looking forward to this for a long time. Emma was always hesitant about starting school and sometimes when I would tuck her in at night she would start crying, when I asked her what was wrong she would say, "But I'm going to miss you mommy!" It was like that for a while until we went school shopping and she saw that she got to get play-dough and markers and new clothes. After that she couldn't wait.

Right before we were about to leave this morning Emma started crying. It was totally out of the blue because she had been so excited. I remembered that every year growing up my Dad would give me a blessing on the first day of school. So I asked Aaron to give Emma a Fathers Blessing and after that she was ready.




I was very brave when we dropped her off. I didn't cry, Aaron kept telling me that "You have to cut the apron strings sometime."

When we walked out of the school Chloe was so sad. She started crying and kept saying "I want to go to Emma's school." We took her home and put her down for a nap and the first thing she said when she woke up was "I want Emma!"

It was a fun day for us, a lot of bitter sweet moments. Chloe is happy that Emma is home, I don't think she realizes that we have to do it all again tomorrow. When I asked Emma what she learned at school today she said, "I forget." Here we go. :)

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma looks so cute! I can't believe she's in school now. I hope she loves it. Great pictures

Arritt said...

Awww. I know how you feel- Karter starts tommorrow. So, I thought Emma was going to do preschool? This has been a hard decision for us (whether to start Karter this year or not) and we definitely think he's ready, but we're not ruling out doing K again when we move. I just can't believe he's going. That's so sweet how much Chloe misses Emma! I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys! Emma is such a beautiful sweet girl!

Rhiannon said...

On my gosh! I cannot believe you have a child in school! Crazy! Those pictures of Chloe make me want to cry! That is so cute, but sad. Way to go for not crying!

Heather said...

Your girls are so cute. I can't believe Emma started school! I hope you are having fun with Mom and Dad. We sure miss you!