Sunday, October 9, 2011

What can you make with Raspberries, Cheesecloth and Marshmallows?

My older sister has a wonderful overflowing garden and others including myself have benefited. Tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, all the cucumbers Chloe could ask for, cantaloupe, zucchini, which I used to make zucchini pizza's which were surprisingly very tasty. But best of all are the raspberries. Kerstin called me over to pick as many as my heart desired despite the threat of getting stung from all the wasps hanging around. Kerstin taught me right then and there how to make my very own 1st batch of freezer jam, I am quite proud of myself, isn't it pretty? :) It tastes so yummy and was SO easy, if I had known it was this easy all along I would have done this years ago. I will never go back to store bought jam after this. I even froze some to sprinkle in pancakes later, looking forward to that! Can't wait to try strawberry next!
Pinterest is Awesome! If you haven't come aboard you need to, you won't regret it. One of my pins were these adorable DIY cheesecloth ghosties. Handmade decorations and things you put together are the best and so much better then store bought things. I got this idea of the hanging ghosts from my sister in law and I just love em! You can make them any size you want and as puffy or skinny as you like, I made a few large ones and a couple of small ones and have them hanging throughout my house.


Kerstin and I got together to make the ghosts and she brought starch so we could try making them this way as well. Aren't they cute? And they're so easy to do and cost next to nothing.

We do our family nights on Sunday because Aaron doesn't make it home until 8:30 during the week so tonight we talked about temples. I showed them pictures from our wedding, showed them my temple dress, talked about temple recommends and then we pulled out the marshmallows and frosting and built temples. Got this idea from my sister as well :) The girls had so much fun and were on quite the sugar high, they ate half of the marshmallows and frosting as they went.


Emma even put a graham cracker angel Moroni on top.
Doesn't it look yummy?


My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

You are so crafty!! I love Pinterest. Gives me way too many project ideas. I am so jealous that you got all that yummy produce! I wanted to try making freezer jam this summer but never did. Mmmmmm..

Arritt said...

Good job on everything Katie! I LOVE freezer jam- especially strawberry! When I first saw your post title asking what you can make with raspberries, cheesecloth and marshmallows, I was trying to think of something you can make with all 3 of those things together.... and I couldn't think of anything. Haha I'm a bit of a nerd!