Sunday, October 23, 2011

Parties and Pumpkins, Costumes and Candy!

I wasn't ready for summer to end, it seems like we just had the Holidays, and they always put all the Christmas stuff up way too early in the stores, give me a break, I can't deal with that right now....but a few Halloween parties and a visit to the pumpkin patch has gotten me in the mood for the Holidays. I've wanted to dress Aaron up as Harry Potter for years. Looking online costumes are $70+ so we had to figure something else out. Aaron already had the suit part with the sweater vest, white button up shirt, slacks, dress shoes. I found a black cape in our costume box, a pair of glasses and a tie that looks almost exactly like Harry's at DI. All we needed was a wand and we found a pretty good looking one among the sticks in Aaron's mom's yard in Delta. I think he makes a great Harry Potter, don't you? Tho I think he looks more like Harry Potter's Dad. I wish I had made time to put together a Ginny costume for me, would have been perfect, but the best I could do was witches for me and the girls.

Emma on her way to her Ballet Halloween Dance Party, had no idea she could be so sassy.
Chloe heading to her Preschool Party as Miss Kitty.
My Mom throws a Halloween party for the grand kids every year and it's so much fun for the kids. We got all 14 kids together for a picture and I took a ton and they all looked like this, someone blinked, looking the other way, or poor little Will unhappy and crying BUT
I got Lucky! My last picture I just happened to get all the kids looking, no one blinking, Will stopped crying and they're all smiling, amazing! And check out the wide arrange of costumes we have this year, my personal favorite was my niece Christine as Flo from Progressive, she looked just like her LOL! Will as Charlie Brown, Adorable! A mime, Pippy Longstocking, a giant banana and many more. Such creative kiddos.
Check out the spread! My Mom went all out for the food this year and she likes to work under pressure so she put off all the shopping and setting up till that morning so we all chipped into to get it put together.
We had cheese fingers,
rotten mouths,
delicious bones,
mummy pizzas,
and a severed hand in bloody punch.

After the party we headed to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out the perfect pumpkins. The girls loved the smaller sized wheelbarrows they got to push around, even though they were a little tough to push sometimes.







Decorating them is half the fun, and I found some fun ideas on pinterest this year.
The girls were so cute as we went Trick or Treating. They ran from house to house yelling at the top of their lungs 'Trick or Treat!' And then Chloe would end by saying in her sweet little voice 'Have a Happy Halloween,' she said they practiced at preschool. :) After an hour and half of trying to keep up with the girls, their buckets were full to the brim with goodies, we had to call it a night. Hope you all had a fun Halloween.

No comments: