Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lil' Blessing

After 2 miscarriages, lots of pain and sorrow we have been blessed with baby #3 coming in the spring. Because of what happened before my OB wanted me to come in and have an early ultrasound at 8 weeks and this is what we saw. Just a little peanut but it's heart was beating so that was a huge relief. There was one concern tho, that dark rectangle shape on the bottom left is bleeding. So she set me up for another ultrasound at 12 weeks....
And this is what we saw. Isn't that amazing! In just 4 weeks it went from a little peanut to a little human with fingers and toes and the good news was that the bleeding was gone. My sister went with me and during the ultra sound both her and my OB said they saw a little wiener float by, but the baby was so wiggly and moving all over the place we couldn't get another picture. We'll find out for sure at my next appointment in November. Im already coming up with names but Chloe doesn't like any of them, she says we should name the baby Lovely, hmmm ;)
I debated over and over about wether or not I wanted to post this pic. Im in that awkward stage, too small for maternity and my clothes are getting too tight so I have nothing to wear. I've had to resort to using rubber-bands to button up my pants, if anyone has maternity clothes they can lend that would be much appreciated, mine are 6+ years old and way outdated. It seems the style now is tighter fitted shirts that show off your baby bump, my maternity bin is full of tent like shirts.

I definitely feel pregnant, something cheesy makes me cry at least once everyday, it's getting ridiculous! Nauseous all day everyday, whoever dubbed it morning sickness was full of it, mine is all day and gets worse when I lay down to go to sleep at night, but Im 13 weeks along now and am finally getting over the worst and starting to feel better, it's all worth it. The girls are so excited to have a baby brother or sister, Chloe asked me before I went to my last appointment if I was pushing the baby out that day, she is going to have a hard time waiting till April.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I think you look so cute! I am so happy for you. Let me know if you need any info from me.
Also, about Maeva's cake forever ago. I split 2 cake batters into 6 pans and used wilton gel to get them so vibrant. If you want more details than that, let me know.

Micah and Amanda said...

Katie..
That is so exciting!! I wish I had some maternity clothes for you but I don't, sorry. I have just been wearing my normal shirts because like you said, the "style" for pregos is fitted shirts... although I dont really follow style, I just dont want to buy new clothes. I can't wear my regular pants however, so I did buy some leggings/jeggings which work great. So happy for you and Aaron! Love You.

Bryce and Breanna said...

So happy for you Katie! You look great. I love you!