Saturday, August 22, 2009

Baby Shower!

My sister-in-law Cheree is expecting twin boys in October. I decided to throw her a shower, I have never thrown one before and I felt totally out of my element, but it turned out Great! These are the invitations I made with my Cricut machine, gotta love Cricut!
I got this idea online for a diaper cake. It was really easy and it turned out cute. You can make them as extravagant as you want by adding rattles, pacifiers, toys, whatever.
Cheree is a Laurel advisor so I did a little surprise for her and had the young woman come over to my house and decorate onesies and bibs for the baby shower. Cheree loved them!
This was our brunch. My friend Andrea made this beautiful fruit tray and the cupcake stand, she is so creative.
The expecting Mother and I.
The first game we played you had to cut yarn the length you thought would fit around Cheree's tummy. Who says baby shower games are lame, it was hilarious!
The second game we played you had to pick out tiny safety pins out of a bowl of rice. This one was a lot harder then I thought, and I didn't do too well.
The last game we played was Multi-tasking Mom. You had to fold as much laundry as you could while holding twin babies and talking on the phone. We had a hoot!
This is my best friend Andrea who helped me host the shower. She is the best and sweetest girl. Thank you Andrea and everyone else who helped me put this shower together, couldn't of done it without you. Although it was a lot of fun, I can say that was my first and last baby shower for a long time, phew!


My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

4 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

You are so creative!! What cartridge did you use on your invitation? The Diaper Cake is so CUTE!!!!! And I absolutely LOVED the onsies. What did they use to decorate them. Very Thoughtful ...and very cute shower Katie. Thanks for sharing.

Bell Family Blog said...

Thanks Natalie! I used the Doodlecharms cartridge for the invitations, I love that cartridge, it has such a variety that I use it the most. For the onesies I bought a bunch of iron-ons and stencils with fabric paint. It's easy, but gets expensive.

Rhiannon said...

Everything looks so cute! From the looks of it, you did a great job! I would have never guessed that was your first time hosting a shower. Looks like you do it regularly.

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks like you did a fantastic job with the shower! Those games look really funny. I love the diaper cake and the onesies... so cute!