Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Rainy Campout

Aaron just completed Tri 5 at school and has a two week break. The first thing we did was pack our stuff and went camping at Fairfield State Park. Even though the weather was against us and it rained 90% of the time we had a blast. Emma said, "Mom I loved camp outing."

We went on a hike and there was this constant light rain, but it made everything so green and pretty. We love all the trees!

On our hike the girls found these huge leave that they carried over their heads like umbrellas from the rain.

It took Aaron a lot of work to get the fire going, but man those tin foil dinners were worth the wait!
Chloe is ready for smores.

We had to do our smores over our camping stove in our "rain shelter tent."
Despite the rain the girls didn't seem to notice the difference, they still got to be dirty all day and not get in trouble. They loved camping and want to go again.

4 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

Mmmmm..those smores look really good. Good for you for getting out and making memories. I love those big leafs...great pictures. I am so glad you had a good time.

Arritt said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the pics, and I have such great memories of Aaron's competitive nature with having the best tin foil dinner, and also his love of making fire.
p.s. I'm requesting that cute Katie be in more pictures!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Awesome stuff! I'm glad ya'll didn't float away :).

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. We need to take our kids camping this summer. I'm sure you're girls loved it!