Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Growing up in my family we went all out for St. Patricks Day. I absolutely loved it as a kid and I looked forward to it every year. It is still my favorite holiday and I am so glad that I get to keep the tradition going with my family. I do the same thing my Mom did for me and my siblings on St. Patricks Day. When the girls wake up they find a set of Leprachaun footprints outside their door. They follow them up and down the wall over to the decorated table, up and over the couch around to where the Leprachauns left them their own "pot of gold". Then we got to eat Lucky Charms with green milk and green chocolate chip pancakes, all thanks to the Leprachauns (who got up really early...) Happy St. Patricks Day! You better wear some green!





5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

How fun!!! Now that is some cute traditions!! I love it :). Hope ya'll had a great day!

Unknown said...

You're such an awesome Mom! I need to do something fun like that next year for my kids. I love all of your cute decorations.

Rhiannon said...

That is so funny! I was actually jut thinking about what you did for St. Pats. day as a kid... I remember you telling us about it & wishing I could celebrate it like that too. How fun for your family!

Heather said...

I love the green footprints, I want to do that next year!

Tycksen Family said...

SO fun Katie...I love it!!!