Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Best and Worst Christmas Ever!!

This Christmas has been an eventful one for us. It started out with our flight into Utah. We were suppose to have a 45 minute layover in Denver, but it turned into a 8 hour layover due to the snow in Utah. It was crazy and we were all exhausted! Aaron was quite frustrated with trying to get the girls to fall asleep at the airport at 2:00 in the morning. But we finally made it to Utah at 4:00 in the morning with two very tired girls. The next day we had fun playing in the snow and building a snowman. That night was my family Christmas party with all of the Emma's cousins. They had so much fun together, and then that night at 4:00 in the morning my parents house caught on fire. Aaron and I and the girls were asleep in the basement when I heard my Dad messing around in the furnace room. I came out of my room to see that the whole basement was filled with smoke. I asked my Dad what was wrong and we both heard this strange sound that sounded like popcorn. My mom started screaming that the roof was on fire and so we grabbed the kids and ran outside. For the next couple of hours we watched the house burn down and the firemen trying to save it. We are just so blessed that my Dad woke up in time since the fire alarms didn't work and that we all got out safe. Merry Christmas!














8 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is just horrible!!! So good to see family, but WHOA! I'm so glad ya'll got out safe!!!

Tycksen Family said...

So glad everyone was okay! That picture of the house on Fire...just makes you take a pause. We are so happy that everyone is safe. Love you guys!!

Spencer Tycksen said...

I haven't seen that picture yet. Glad you posted it.

Superstar said...

That picture of Anna and Chloe is cute!

Also, thanks for the flaming home pic. Didn't get to see it like that. had to be hard to watch.

The Robisons said...

Oh, my goodness! Wow...sorry it was so rough! Fires are hard, its like you go through this whole mourning thing! I'm so glad you guys are alright!!

Jen and Carl said...

wow katie! I am so glad that you guys are ok. What a horrible thing to happen! What a long couple of days for you guys!

Rhiannon said...

That is so awful! I can't believe that happened! Thank goodness you all got out safely! What are your parents doing about their house? Where are they staying?

Dana Hewitt said...

Holy crap you guys!! I'm so glad to see you all made it out okay. Sad for your parents!